Tuesday, May 31, 2011

feet in the sand

I had the BEST weekend! From the last post you all know about the Ocracoke trip on Friday... and then the fun continued!

Saturday ~ played at the pool from 10-12, and then decided we would rather have our feet in the sand. Beached it for about 4 hours. The girls had such a great time. Don't think they got out of the water except to reapply sunscreen, and I had to make them do that! The only worries for the day 1. avoiding the nuts that didn't know how to drive on the beach, and 2. was the water going to reach my chair??? Our neighbors on the beach had a pet goat, yes I said goat! Kids loved it! Had a great time with a great friends! After the fun filled day at the beach, I had dinner with my sister-in-law and her friend at Rusty's. Food was awesome! Then a little reggae at the Sandbar.

Karlene riding the waves

Kimber and Carlee having fun in the sun

Sunday ~ church, and then the beach! Guess we didn't get water logged or sunburned enough the day before. Water was so warm and clear that even I got in! Finished this perfect day off with dinner at the Sandbar with some pretty great friends!

Monday ~ fishing in the boat with my dad! The girls weren't interested in a boating trip, too much sun from two awesome days at the beach. Went looking for a cobia, but didn't have any luck. Had a great time catching up spanish and blues! Saw a big pod of porpoises, and a few sea turtles. Then dinner with my girls, my parents, and nanny at the Sandbar.

It was back to work today! Only one more day and then it is chemo time again! Hopefully changing some medicines around will make things a little better this time ~ everyone keep your fingers crossed on that one!

Thank you to the friends that made this weekend so special! The girls and I had so much fun! Makes it easier to face the few trying days I have ahead of me!

2 comments:

  1. A goat on the beach, that really must have been quite a sight! Did it go swimming, or try to eat everything in sight? Glad your weekend was awesome!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angie. Hope to see you when we are in Hatteras in a few weeks. Continue to be strong.

    ReplyDelete