Sunday, May 15, 2011

what an awesome week!

It's been a week since my last post but I got to tell you I have been doing so good and I have had the best week! On Tuesday (May 10th), we celebrated Stewart's birthday! Yeah, he's a year older! SSHHH, don't tell him that! We had a great dinner at Captain's Table! Thank you Mrs. Donna for the delicious cake and ice cream! Then Stewart and I had date night to the movies :)

Made it through the entire week at work! Looked back at the calender and realized that it had been eight weeks since I last worked a full week.

A big thank you to Healtheast in Avon for using my port on Friday to do the draw for my blood work!!!

So far this week the biggest challenge has been fatigue. I seem to get tired easier, and more frequently. Early bed time and naps when I can seem to help. Something kind of weird: tingling skin and scalp! Also have dry mouth and tongue feels like you've burned it on hot coffee sometimes. Of course, all of these are so much better than upset stomach!

Hoping the next three days are as awesome as the last week has been! Thursday = chemo day : (

Praying that this treatment is a little nicer to me than the last! Thank you to everyone that has sent cards, prayers and good wishes my way! May God bless each and every one of you!

3 comments:

  1. I know we don't know each other, But I think about you each and every day hoping your doing good. You have the greatest smile and I just know you are an awesome person. I think a lot of your mom, and if you are anything like her I know your a good person. I can't wait to meet you. Maybe soon. Hope Thursday comes and go's quickly and with little side effects......Dani & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Angie! I'm so thrilled to see the positive blogs! I want you to know I am keeping up with you here, and that you are not very far from my thoughts and prayers. You are on our church prayer list. I will update them on the good reports so far, and will most definitely keep praying for you. Check out Psalm 62. That has become an incredible scripture of peace for me during a year-long struggle - but nothing like what you are facing! I just know that God is the source of your strength, and am so relieved that your family has Him to draw strength from.

    I'll be checking in on you, and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angie, I am glad to hear your upset stomach aches have subsided! I think of you and the family daily and we are all praying for you! Our church has you on our prayer list too and Friday Night we made and lit two luminariaes for you and Stewart at Relay! Date night sounds fun, especially to the movies, so Stewart will have to teach his big bro that move :) Hugs and Kisses from Virginia Relatives "Keeping You Ballanced"!

    ReplyDelete