Friday, May 27, 2011

getting by with a little help

What a perfect day! Boated to Ocracoke on the Carlee Hope! Cancer certainly was not forgotten but it was not priority today. Beautiful ride over to Ocracoke, and then we rented a golf cart to get us around the island. Breakfast at Flying Melon ~ best french toast ever! Did a little shopping at a few of the shops. And can I say ~ Sweet Tooth ~ Yes, the dentist office hit the candy store! Goodness gracious the frozen chocolate dipped key lime pie was sooo good, and of course I brought the girls home a treat. Thai Moon to take home for later was not a bad way to end the excursion on the island. To the wonderful people that I work with that made this day so special ~ Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, it was one of the best days ever!!  even if they did pick on my driving skills... which is why I only drove one time, and I think I did a fabulous job!!

Also had a great time last night... dinner at Toppers and a movie with some pretty great friends. Haven't laughed that much in a very long time!

So with all this fun I haven't really had time to think about side effects from chemo :)  Was able to work every day this week! Monday was still a little yucky, but the rest of the week was pretty good. I can tell that I am much more tired especially in the afternoons. Still fighting some sort of head thing... not sure if it is allergies, sinus, or a cold. Sure do feel blessed because it could be so much worse! Less than a week until the next chemo treatment, and it will come way to quickly! Of course the quicker they come the quicker I'll be done : - )

2 comments:

  1. laughter is the best medicine. sounds like you have the best support around! Keep up this great fight! HUGS Sandra Loeffler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you had a wonderful day today cause you were with some of the best people in the world!!! I love you all :) I am sure your driving skills are just fine Angie :) Many Hugs and smiles Melinda

    ReplyDelete