Sunday, July 17, 2011

little surfer girls

So proud of my little surfer girl!

So proud of my little boogie boarding girl!

Had an awesome weekend with family and friends on the beach! Karlene has been wanting to try surfing all summer, and she did so good! Kimber has become quite the little fish in the water. She was so afraid of the water at the beginning of the summer and now you have to watch her like a hawk. She thinks she is as big as Karlene and the rest of the "big" kids.

It's not only children who grow.  Parents do too.  As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.  I can't tell my children to reach for the sun.  All I can do is reach for it, myself.  ~Joyce Maynard

One day soon I hope to be out in the beautiful water with Karlene, doing something I have never done before... catching waves! The saying goes, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", but it will be fun to try! And probably pretty hilarious for anybody that happens to be within viewing distance. When Kimber is ready to beach the boogie board and hop on a surf board, how amazing will it be for mom and daughters to spend summer days out on the water! And Dad too!!
Today the price is being paid for having too much fun at the beach... but it was so worth it! On the couch with my two best friends, advil and the heating pad! I just keep reminding myself that our friendship will come to an end very soon. Only two more chemo treatments to go! FIGHT LIKE A GIRL! and for Karlene ~ SURF LIKE A GIRL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment