Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I think this is the perfect day to give a shout out to my parents! Thank you for being there for me, and for doing all the things you do! I love you both!
 Mom ~ Happy Mother's Day!

Here's a quick update on the last few days:
Friday: Went to Outer Banks Hospital for my MUGA scan and for my first white blood cell booster shot. Usually when a nurse tells you something is going to hurt, it doesn't as much as you think it will... well, not in this case! That shot STINGS! Still felt pretty yucky all day, ate a little here and there but overall just couldn't get past the smell or thought of most food. Peanut butter has been my best friend, which isn't pretty when you have dry mouth already!

Saturday: Woke up at midnight with charlie horse's in my calf muscles ~ a side effect of the shot that I got the day before. Like the fact that it stung wasn't enough! Medicine didn't seem to help much so only slept off and on. Hot bath early in the morning helped for a little bit. Stomach was much better today. I made myself eat little bits every few hours and that seemed to really help. A co-worker and myself made the ferry trip to Ocracoke to have dinner with an amazing woman who has walked this path before me, not only once but twice! Had a great time, and was able to eat more than I had in over three days.

Today: Awesome day! Went to church this morning and then to lunch. I was actually hungry for the first time since my chemo treatment! Tried to take a nap but couldn't sleep, but I did get really good sleep last night (which hasn't been happening very often)! Hoping the days leading up to the next chemo treatment will be like today!

Other than blood work next week, I am a free woman until next Thursday (May 19th) which will be my next chemo treatment. I will leave you with this verse, as it has been near and dear the last few days. . .
I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment