Friday, May 20, 2011

the bright side

I believe there is always a bright side, you just have to be willing to look for it!

So yesterday was chemo treatment #2. Wish I could say the bright side was not getting sick this time but that didn't happen. It seems that no matter what they try in my infusion I still get sick : (
I can say that day two, today, has been so much better than day two of the first treatment. Thanking God, because I know it is an answer to all the prayers that have gone out for me to feel better this time. Still not feeling like the real me, but certainly much better than yesterday. Of course, anything is better than hugging the toilet or trash can!! The nausea and indigestion are better this time. Had my second white blood cell booster today. Still hurt! However it must be working because I don't have to have blood work done on my off week this time. So I am a free girl now for almost two weeks!!

Well, here is something a little harder to see the bright side... my hair has officially started to come out. Started 2-3 days ago, and is really starting to come out now. In the next few days I will just bite the bullet and shave it. NO, I am not really looking forward to it! I am however trying to be a big girl and handle this with dignity! ON THE BRIGHT SIDE... I will get to wear all kinds of cool hats, bandannas, scarfs, and yes maybe even a wig!

On a much happier note ~ Karlene passed her EOG's!!! So proud of her! She is so much smarter than she gives herself credit for. She is without a doubt the BEST oldest daughter a mom could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment