Wednesday, June 29, 2011

life is meant to be LIVED

Living life... what exactly does that mean? I don't think one ever really knows until you are faced with such a life altering situation. In his song "Live like you were dying", Tim McGraw takes living to places I'm not sure I would ever want to go ~ sky diving and going any seconds on a bull!! I do think that we should all try to love deeper, and make our words sweeter, and give forgiveness more freely. I have even given thought to what I might want my "bucket list" to include. I've never really been adventurous, but it seems to me now that adventure = living life! Don't worry I am still not going to skydive, but I am going to try things that I never thought I would, and I'm going to do more of the things I love. I want my girls to learn first hand that we shouldn't be afraid to try something new or to push ourselves beyond our comfort zone. You never know what life is going to throw at you so I am going to live each day to the fullest, and I'm gonna hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Tomorrow is treatment #5 ~ I will have less to go, then I have been through! There is an end in sight. I have to tell you that I have surprised myself in my ability to handle all the things that have been handed to me in the last few months. Not that I have handled them on my own! I would probably be locked in the closet somewhere if it wasn't for God, family, and the absolute best friends in the world! But I do think that we all have strength, courage, and some good ole' fashioned stubbornness that exceeds our expectations when faced with a situation that puts us to the test. So here's to getting to the other side of all of this, and LIVING LIFE!!

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy whatever exciting new things you decide to try!
    Wishing you well thru the rest of your treatments. All the best to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete