Friday, July 1, 2011

5 down, 3 to go

Fifth chemo treatment and shot down!! Woo Hoo!!

Chemo treatment yesterday had me a little shook up ~ new medicines, new place, new nurses. One of the pre-meds burned my entire insides, still not really sure what that was all about. Another pre-med made me feel woozy and light headed. Both incidents made me a little shaky. Treatments took about 4 1/2 hours, way too long for me to sit still!

Today was shot day. Something I have come to really dread, but today it seemed so easy. Not sure if it depends on the nurse giving the shot or if you just get used to it along the way. Either way, maybe now I won't dread it quite so much anymore.

Big Holiday weekend ahead! Super excited to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Heading offshore tomorrow ~ hoping for some good dolphin fishing! I'm sure the pool and the beach will be on the to do list as well. Hope everyone has a great July 4th! No work until Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry to hear how this treatment went but at least it is over!!! I miss you and wish I could be in Hatteras all summer hanging out with you and the family! ENJOY the 4th and all it stands for. My Dad's 80th Birthday on this day and Shannan and I working, but at least Stan can come down to visit.
    Love and Kisses from the Virginia Ballance Family and your favorite Sister-in-Law! LOL and lots of XOXOXOXOsssss

    ReplyDelete