Thursday, June 16, 2011

half~way

Only four more chemo treatments left to go! Even better is that today I finished the treatments that have two medicines (which are supposed to be more harsh), so next time I will start Taxol. Hoping that this med is kinder to me. Having a lot of cramps in my feet and legs this afternoon, and feeling a little yucky (but NO throwing up!!). Next treatment will have to be done at the hospital because my infusion nurse at the doctor's office will be on vacation (not sure what she is thinking ~ taking a vacation while I'm going through this!! LOL!), however the ladies at the AMU are totally awesome so I know I'll be in great hands.

Tomorrow is the dreaded SHOT! Yeah, I know everyone is tired of hearing me complain about it, but I feel it is my God given right because it hurts like beeep!

See our new yellow lab ~ just kidding. Took Buck (our golden retriever) to the groomer to get shaved! I was really scared to see what he was going to look like, but I have to say he turned out quite handsome. Thank you Ms. Angie for taking good care of him today!
Bucks new hair do!!
Super excited that the office is closed next week! Still have some work to go in and do, but my schedule can be flexible. Hoping to spend some quality time with my girls at the pool and the beach, and have some friend coming into town! Good luck to the Carlee Hope crew that will be fishing in the marlin club tourney next week! Hope you guys catch the big ones!

Hope everyone else has a wonderful week. My thought for the day: If you feel like you should do something kind for someone - JUST DO IT! Don't put it off, you never know what that person may be going through and you just may be the person to brighten their spirits! Thank you to the very kind man that brought donuts and fruit to the infusion room today while I was getting my treatment! He sat and talked with me for a while, and his gesture was deeply appreciated! Our actions don't have to be "big" for them to matter!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie. Glad you are halfway through. Hopefully the worst is over. I hope we can get together this coming week in Hatteras. Stay strong. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete