Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Family Day Trip

Well, I thought that because Stewart had an appointment today with the dermatologist(over a month late thanks to me!), and the girls were out of school that it would be a good idea to make today a family day :)
Started out better than I expected, as the girls were both perfect angels in the waiting room at the doctor's office. Now for Karlene this is no surprise, but for those of you who know Kimber on a personal level, well let's just say Kimber and angel don't usually go in the same sentence together! Stewart got a good report (SHEW!), don't think I could of handled a not good one!
Next, lunch at our fav fast food joint ~ chick fil a, which even had a play area that I thought would wear the girls out for a quiet ride home. And last, the Ballance family tradition ~ walmart! Hardly ever leave the island that we don't find a walmart to stop at. This is where Kimber traded her halo for horns! Oh my, talk about being embarrassed! Some people gave me the oh you poor thing look, others the did you just beat that child look, and others the would you just get her out of here look. Karlene and I are almost running through the store to find Stewart, so I could let him know that I was going to take the "obnoxious" child to the car, and here he comes around the corner. He could hear Kimber screaming from half way across the store! I guess my idea of tiring her out at the play area backfired because I think she was just way too wore out. So mommy and Kimber went out to the car and waited for daddy and Karlene to check out. And YES, she screamed the entire walk to the car! Well, I tried to make a fun family day out of it. Both of the girls did fall asleep on the way home though!

1 comment:

  1. Considering Stewart's good report, a nice mealtime, and a quiet ride home, Sounds like a 75% success! With two young ones in tow, that's a pretty good success rate. Just think softball/baseball percentages and you'll be so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete