Saturday, April 9, 2011

where we are now

We, yes I said WE! This is a battle that is not only mine but also my husband's. Who by the way has been cracking jokes like he is a stand up comedian! God love him, he has been solid as a rock when I have had moments of falling all to pieces! Those moments are fewer between now that we are making a game plan and following through with it. Had appointments this week in Chapel Hill at the UNC Cancer Center. LOVED my team of doctors! I have two outpatient surgeries scheduled for this week, which will help my doctors in determining exactly what we are dealing with. I already know that I will have to have chemo. Karlene is handling this as if everthing is totally cool. Kimber on the other hand, is positive we are joking with her about mommy losing her hair! Mommy wishes!  
I believe that God has a plan for my life. . . I don't think that means I have to like going through the battles! Two things that I want to come of this as of now: 1. If I have to lose my hair, I hope it is long enough to go to Locks of Love, and 2. I want young women to be aware of the importance of doing self exams, and if it takes my going through this to save someone else's life, then maybe that is God's plan.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you. Your positivity is inspirational! If you need anything, please let us know. <3

    ReplyDelete