Sunday, April 17, 2011

the simple things

I must say I am glad that there isn't much pain. The incision under the arm is sore but that's about it. The worse part today is that having to sit in the house and do just about nothing makes you think about things. Maybe a little too much thinking! Kind of makes you a little angry that you can't do the simple things. Don't get me wrong ~ I still know I am in God's hands and that all things are in His plan, and I also know that me having a positive attitude is one of my biggest allies. I still have the positive attitude and the I'll kick cancers butt attitude, but I do feel entitled to a little sulking! Simple things to me today would be... taking a shower,washing my hair, and giving my kids a bath. Things that most of the time I take for granted, and most of the time do out of obligation, but today these are things I would cherish! Thank God that I have my parents, and my sister who are incredible to take care of the girls! 

Ok, enough sulking! Going to TRY work tomorrow. May be a little harder than I thought with this ace bandage wrapped around me like a pig in a blanket! But need to get out of the house and try to be productive for a little while.

Back to the doctor on Wednesday, I will be getting my port (not looking forward to this) and pathology results! Fingers crossed that reports are good! Chemo will be starting in the next few weeks. Trying to prepare the girls for all that will come with that territory! Who am I kidding? I'm trying to prepare myself!  

My words of wisdom today: CHERISH THE SIMPLE THINGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment