Friday, August 5, 2011

gotta love those insurance companies

The doctor gave me orders for blood work to be done today if I was feeling real tired and achy this week. The hope was that my blood counts would be low enough that I could get the booster shot which would help me to feel better. Last week hemoglobin was 10.3 (normal range for female my age is 12-16). For insurance to pay for the booster shot it has to be under 10.0, and guess what mine was today... 10.1! Seriously! Somebody sitting at a desk with no medical training gets to tell me when I can get a shot that will help me feel better... ugh!! Gotta love those insurance companies!!

On a brighter note, it looks like the storm will miss us! Some good waves would be nice. Heading to Chapel Hill on Monday to see the surgeon and schedule surgery. Thursday will be my last chemo treatment!! Got a busy week ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment