Wednesday, July 13, 2011

why me?... why NOT me?

It seems that when we are faced with circumstances that disrupt our perfect little worlds, the first thing that we think is... why me? Do we think that because we don't do this "bad" thing or that "bad" thing we are exempt from any misfortune that life may bring our way? Or maybe we think that doing all the "right" things will keep us from harms way. Guess what... It doesn't work that way! Good and bad things happen to wonderful people. Here is what I want to know... why NOT me? Why would any other daughter, wife or mom be deserving of this horrible disease? They wouldn't! And I am no better than any one of them. If I had a genie that would grant my wishes, I would wish that no one ever got the big "C" word again. Of course, I would also have millions of dollars and we would have world peace. Just kidding! But until I find that special bottle to rub, I choose to be empowered by the many miracles that God sends my way every day. Sometimes it's a person meeting a need that only He knew about, or maybe a kind word, or a smile. Whatever it is, He always knows just when I need it. Today, I met an incredible woman ~ a two time breast cancer survivor, who inspired me with the story of her journey and her amazing attitude.
 
~ Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you. ~  author unknown

Tomorrow is chemo treatment #6 ~ hoping the actual treatment goes better this time! So glad that it will be back at the Dr.'s office!

No comments:

Post a Comment