Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sheila's BBQ benefit & update on me

Conner's is sponsoring a BBQ benefit to help Sheila Charrette in her fight against breast cancer: Thursday July 14th, 11am-2pm located at the lot between Buxton Fire Department and Napa ~ come enjoy some Crazy Johnny's BBQ!!

Over the last week I have started to have some problems with mouth sores :(
Not very fun considering that I LOVE to eat! The lower eyelashes on one eye have mostly come out. Looking at the calendar today I realized that it's been almost two months since I had to shave my head. Funny how you know that you have no hair but when you go by a mirror it still kind of shocks you. It would probably help if I let the sun shine on my bald head a little every now and then because it is quite white compared to the rest of me! Scared it will get burnt and that wouldn't feel good!

Chemo treatment #6 is coming up on Thursday ~ I will be 3/4 of the way done!! Feels like I finally have an end to this part of my journey in sight. I have an appointment in Chapel Hill August 8th to schedule the next part of this journey... Surgery. Should fall the first week of September. Not great timing for sure ~ the second week of September, Karlene turns 10, and Stewart and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary. Next year = something spectacular as far as celebrating birthday and anniversary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment