Monday, July 4, 2011

independence day!

Happy July 4th!! The Declaration of Independence was more than just a piece of paper ~ it was our countries commitment to certain ideas! This holiday we should remember the courage that it took for the people in 1776 to stand up for what they thought was right. I am proud to be an American! Thank you to those who have served, or are currently serving in our military ~ fighting for our freedom!

Today we hit the beach! Hoping this is a good idea, I have been on the couch for the most part of the last day and a half with the heating pad. I am too hard headed for this to keep me from having a great day with family and friends! Can't wait to put my toes in the sand!

Had an awesome day offshore fishing Saturday! Great time with great people, and we caught a few dolphin. Got to see a huge turtle - leatherback?, and some flying fish. Just being on the water is relaxing and peaceful!



The heating pad has been for the muscle and bone pain. Can't take ibuprofen because the chemo burns the digestive system up, so I'm trying to manage with just heat and hot baths. I have been lucky that I have no mouth sores but eating and drinking most anything causes indigestion, even water! Of course, there are pills for that! Next year at this time we will be celebrating more than America's Independence ~ we will be celebrating that all treatments and surgeries are finished and that I am cancer free!! So today we have FUN and RELAX, tomorrow we continue to FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment