Monday, December 19, 2011

it's that time of the year!

Usually one of my favorite times of year... however up until this morning I just really wasn't feeling it! Over the past two weeks I have tried to talk myself into being excited about Christmas, but even after the Christmas parade, putting up and decorating the tree, and work parties I just couldn't seem to drag myself out of this bah hum bug mood. I'm pretty sure my lack of enthusiasm for shopping and the fact that the temps have been more like summer than mid-December haven't helped to brighten my spirits! I have been telling myself that this year more than any other should be the BEST Christmas... I am a cancer survivor! Not sure if it is the cold weather or the fact that today is the start of our Christmas break at work or maybe that Santa is going to be visiting Frisco tonight, but when I woke up this morning I felt EXCITED!! Feels good to be me again!

Now that I'm excited about Christmas I just have to finish getting ready for it! Still have shopping to do, I have two doctors appointments, and then of course baking and wrapping! Hoping to finish up my shopping while in Chapel Hill for my appointments. One is just a check-up with my radiation oncologist, the other will be my first appointment with the plastic surgeon. Trying not to stress over the last one... too much information and too many decisions to make. None of which are easy! Some decisions I thought I had already made. The problem would be that when I made them I was in a completely different place. A scary one that included a long list of treatments and surgeries. Probably not the best time to make long term plans. So I am taking a step back, gathering information, and then I am going to let it sit and simmer while I enjoy a Merry Christmas with my family and friends. The important decisions for now can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment