Thursday, January 5, 2012

a few weeks thinking...

Life is good! Actually life is great! Love being back to work and having a normal routine. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sorry I missed posting over the Holidays ~ I took the time to try to clear my head and not think too much on all that has gone on over the last year, except of course to be very thankful for God's grace, mercy and strength! Never far from my mind is the fact that things could have turned out very different.

My appointments the week before Christmas didn't go quite as planned... the most important one (plastic surgeon) was out of the office and no one called to reschedule :(  I can't really say it was a wasted trip to Chapel Hill, as I did get to see my radiation oncologist and he was pleased with the healing that had occurred as far as my skin was concerned. Yesterday I finally got the date for my rescheduled appointment with the plastic surgeon and that will be next week. Hopefully she will be able to point me in a final direction. Up to this point there seems to be a few options, none of which I am very pleased with!! Will discuss this more in detail after my appointment next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Karlene has her first basketball game of the season! A big thank you to everyone that has been keeping up with me, praying for me, and thinking about me ~ I wouldn't have made it through all of this without all the wonderful support!

No comments:

Post a Comment