Saturday, November 24, 2012

thankful

This post should have been written on Thanksgiving day but considering my jet lagged state I am doing it now! How ironic that Thanksgiving day this year is the one year anniversary of my last radiation treatment. What better way to celebrate the day of giving thanks!

Somewhere along this journey I decided that there are LOTS of things that I would love to do in my life and thus I created my bucket list... not a published version, not even a list that is written down, but my own mental checklist. The week leading up to Thanksgiving I was able to mark off one of my hearts top desires... I went to Mexico! I love to fly, so that didn't worry me at all, but I do have to say that being in another country did worry me a little. I was so fortunate to be able to go with the most wonderful group of people! The trip itself was a BIG check off the bucket list, but while there I was able to mark off a few others...  snorkeling, zip lining, and jumping off a cliff! I also went horseback riding, tubing, and laying in the sun by the lagoon filled with beautiful fish. I am well aware that I am very lucky! I got to go on a wonderful vacation with my Mom and with some of the people I consider my best friends! Thank you so much to Brud and Anita Bills for allowing me this wonderful opportunity! (Hey Brud, I put your name first!) Thank you to my grandmother, Lucy, who kept my girls so that I could take this trip!

The day before I left I had a follow-up appointment with my plastic surgeon... you may remember that the last appointment didn't go so well! Glad to report this one went much better. I got the all clear as far as the surgery is concerned to be able to start doing normal activities again! Yay!! We also talked briefly about the next step, which would be having nipples done. I have some time to think on this as it would be about three more months before we would actually do the procedure. I feel very sure that I want to have the procedure done I am just not sure about the time frame... I feel that in three months there is still healing and settling that will need to occur, so over the next few weeks/months I will have to make that decision.

The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place.
Barbara DeAngelis

I am not who I once was, nor who I will become, but I am working on getting there. Please continue to keep me in your prayers! Thank you for all your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment