Thursday, March 28, 2013

Celebrating My 2 Year Survival Day!!

Birthdays are special... BUT... today's "birth"day is so much more special to me! It is hard to believe that it has been two years. I guess I will say that every year because it is still hard to believe that "I" actually went through it EVER!

So where does two years later find me... Almost completely done with reconstruction. I have never been a modest one so I may give more information then some want to know. Since my last blog post I have had surgery to create nipples. They just make an incision in the skin/tissue and actually just shape it and stitch it to form a nipple. Very cool! The only step I have left is to get the "tattoo" or coloring done. That should be completed in June. My hair in finally long enough to go in a ponytail! It badly needs to be trimmed but I think I am a little afraid to cut it because my curls may disappear. At first I wasn't crazy about the curly new me but as time has gone by I actually like being able to just put some gel in it and go!

My last appointment with my Oncologist was just a few weeks ago and he is very pleased. I think I have talked about this before, but one of the scary things for me is that there is nothing that I can do (other than the surgeries and treatments that we have already done to kill the cancer) to prevent the cancers return. Some people can take medication, but my cancer was not the type that would respond to that. The only thing that I can do is know my body and have anything that I feel is "off" checked out. However... I know that I am a walking miracle! Proof that God is still in the miracle business! I also believe that once He has healed someone that nothing shall prevail against it! I am trying to live my life like it is the blessing I know it is. I try to approach each day like it is a new beginning. Each day is special and should be treated as if you may not have a tomorrow!

I am very thankful for each and every person who has been in my "Fight Like A Girl" support group! The prayers, thoughts, and kind words have given me the strength to throw each punch that I threw at cancer! I could not have made it without my family and friends!

Happy 2 Year Birthday to ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment