Sunday, April 15, 2012

spring break

While school was out for Spring Break I decided to take a few days off to just hang out with my two favorite girls! Over the past year I have had to be away from them too many times, and thought that a few days together would be good for us. One morning we had a yummy breakfast at Sonny's with Nanny!



On Friday we joined forces with Mandy and Hannah on a girls trip to Ocracoke. We hit the Flying Melon for some awesome french toast, did a little shopping, and then made a stop at the Sweet Tooth candy shop.
 Saturday, we attempted a fun filled family day on the sound helping Dad fish his nets...
 and of course, Kimber had to pee!
 Karlene was a great helper, pulling in the lead line while Dad was in charge of the top line and pulling the fish from the net.
A basket with some of our catch of Jumping Mullet! It's a good thing that we caught some fish... because shortly after that our trip made a sudden turn...

This is what happens when I step on the boat... it breaks down and we had to be towed! A big "Thank You" to John McGee our wonderful neighbor who towed us to the creek!

In the big scheme of things, this day was awesome! We spent a wonderful day together as a family, and made a memory that will probably keep us all laughing for a long time. After all, what is life without a few mishaps to keep us on our toes!

Update on my appointments: An addition to my upcoming appointments... I have decided to seek a second opinion from a plastic surgeon in the private sector. I'm not sure what impact, if any, this change will have on the current timeline that I am working with to have my next surgery completed, but feel that it is the best thing for me to do. (Thanks to some great advice!) My appointment is scheduled for this week and I will have more information to report after this visit. Please continue to keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment