Friday, November 11, 2011

week 5

Week five in Chapel Hill...

Started off at home a little longer than we usually get. Hospital needed to change my appointment to Monday afternoon (hoping that calibrating the machine before my appt. would make it go "normal"). I was able to get Karlene off to school, something that I haven't been able to do in over a month :)  Also got to stop in to visit my work family!!

Monday's appointment went pretty smooth, so we thought that whatever had been causing things to not go as planned had possibly been fixed.  BUT this is Angie we are talking about... so Tuesday's appointment was still quicker than the last few weeks but things got a little bumpy and I was questioning the rest of the week by the time I left. Not to get too technical but Tuesday was a bolus day, which means they have to place the thick sticky stuff on my skin. For some reason this seems to cause the machine even more problems than the days that we don't have to put the bolus on. Wednesday my actual treatment was pretty close to the way it was the day before (little bumpy but still with-in normal limits), but my check-in didn't get reported to the techs at my machine so I waited in the waiting area for over an hour before they realized that I was there!! I think I surprised them, as I was still smiling when they brought me back... even after waiting that long. Now Thursday, that's another story! I get on the machine and everything is going great (this is a bolus day), the techs go out to start treatment and the machine breaks!! No I'm not kidding! So they have to take the bolus off, and I get back in my gown and go back to the waiting area while they try to fix the problem. A little bit later they come back and got me and lined me up, and got the bolus back on and then I don't line up correctly. Which is back to the problem we previously had. Over an hour later I am finally finished. But I'm still smiling!!

So we are on our way today for treatment, and I'm wondering how it's going to go???? Also have a status check with the doctor today. Maybe we can figure out exactly why things aren't going as they should... even though I still say it's probably just because it's me!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully all will go well with the enjoyment of tasty cupcakes from Sugarland!!! Love you girl and had a great time with you last night!

    ReplyDelete