Monday, November 14, 2011

down to single digits

Amazingly Friday's treatment went very well! If I were a superstitious person I would certainly bet that it had everything to do with the fact that I took the techs and the doctor cupcakes... and it might be worth bringing them again to see if it works! Status check with my doctor was right on with what my calculations have been. He wanted me to complete seven more treatments. I would have only had six, but because we have had so much trouble with the machine he wanted to add one extra at the end. He was afraid I may not let him have his cupcake after he told me, but as long as I will be done before Thanksgiving, all is well!! He has assured me that will not be a problem!

After today's treatment only six more to go! Doesn't seem like six weeks ago that I was stressed about how I was going to manage 30 (make that 31) radiation treatments five hours from home. Wish I could say today's treatment went as well as Friday, but it didn't. Oh well!! This journey has taught me patience in a way that nothing else possibly could have.

Looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving next week! A little sad that I won't be at home with all my family, but so glad that I will be with my husband and my girls! I'm sure the timing of my treatments being finished is not a coincidence. What better time to celebrate the end of another battle in this journey than the Thanksgiving holiday?? There is no doubt that this Thanksgiving will have a meaning that no other has had before!

No comments:

Post a Comment