Friday, August 3, 2012

a few steps back

A quick update on how things have been going. Over last weekend I had a blister pop up on the end of one of my incision scars. By the time I got to the Dr. on Monday the blister had popped but it still looked red and swollen. Of course, it is an infection :(  Yes, this puts me a few steps back because it puts "fills" on hold for now. Yesterday would have been my last fill, so I'm a little disappointed to have made it this far and now have to wait and see how this heals. So far I have only seen my local Dr. I have complete confidence that he can treat me. My doctors in Chapel Hill are not completely satisfied with not seeing what's going on but for now I think it would be a wasted trip if the meds I'm on take care of this and I get back on the right track. So far I haven't seen improvement but I feel like it could take the meds a few days to really start to make a difference, so I'm going to give it over the weekend and see how it looks on Monday. Keeping my positive attitude and planning for things to be looking much better by Monday and I plan to complete my last "fill" on Thursday of next week. If all goes well my pre-op appt. in Chapel Hill should be on Wed. August 15th and surgery should fall the end of August.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!! Please keep me in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment